“ALI was established in 1945 by nine U.S. car lift manufacturers who came together to work for the industry’s common good…At the time, high-grade steel was in short supply, so some manufacturers were reprocessing scrap steel of questionable quality to produce lift components. ALI members questioned the quality of these lifts and the safety of the lift operators working under them.The focus on quality and safety that drove our founders to establish ALI 75 years ago remains the basis of our mission today: To promote the safe design, construction, installation, inspection, and use of automotive lifts.” (from The Automotive Lift Institute) If you have questions about ALI inspections, give us a call at (855) 575-1225 and we will be glad to discuss more!
Each Lift Inspection Includes:
- Full functionality testing up, down, hold, shut offs, and proper orientation.
- Examination of structural components, including welds, signs of fatigue, overloading, misuse.
- Safety latch testing, spring and latch examinations.
- Cable testing and adjusting as needed.
- Arm lock adjustments tested and greased as needed.
- Sliding block testing and examination.
- Testing of every screw, bolts/nuts, floor anchors, and fastening device for tightness and factory required torque.
- Checking electrical components and wiring for wear points.
- In ground leak test examination, water test, surrounding stabilizing testing.
- Checking cylinders for corrosion, rust, damage and leakage.
- A completed safety check list, sign off, and safety report upon completion.
- Safety training for your shop leadership, provided by our corporate trainer.
After Your Inspection:
After we have completed all inspections and repairs, we will send or deliver a copy of all your inspection reports to keep on file.
ALI Lifting It Right Training:
Want to train your team on how to properly use a lift? We offer the “ALI Lifting It Right Training” to help teach new technicians, or to freshen up the skills of your more experienced techs. Our senior ALI Certified Inspector will come to your location and conduct a training session for you and your entire team on lift safety. With proper operator usage, lift repairs will be needed less frequently! Even your most experienced mechanic needs to freshen up their skills! When our team receives calls of cars falling off lifts due to improper loading or usage, it’s often that it is a mechanic with 20+ years of experience. Training is always important because it sharpens skills!